Plan Your Trip
By Alan Lull
Attitude and Flexibility
- While in India, sometimes things do not go as planned. It’s important to remember to be flexible at all times.
- As a mission trip leader, I will never ask anyone to do something I wouldn’t do. If I ask you to do something and can’t explain at that time, please don’t question me. There are times when I need to be making very important decisions or there is something going on that the team does not know about and there is no time to talk about it at that time. Later, there will be time to debrief. In my 17 years of ministry, I have only had to pull rank two or three times so if I do, please respect my authority.
**Now that you have read through this material, please reflect and contact me.**Alan Lull
Youth and Mission Director
St. John’s Lutheran Church
Work #: (262) 334-4901 #305
Cell #: (262) 707-9198
Details of going – Seek God in the Pain
- Drink lots of water
- Shoes off on plane, no sandals
- Sore throat
- Hand stuff
- Aleve-med kit we need
- CD /books / We all need to sing/dance
- $ double it and drop the last 2 numbers
- Big and small bills in separate pockets
- SMILE – Never frown or point at gross stuff
- Airport / train keep things simple, no clutter
- Do NOT crowd or talk with me or team leader – hotel/drivers
- 3 sets of clothes, long pants nice shirts/ 10 underwear/bathroom
- Medications- we need to know all
- If something goes wrong we need to handle it
- All we need is $, tickets, Passport
- Eye wear/ glasses
- When we eat, look and order, don‘t over eat – KEEP IT SIMPLE
- Bring alarm clock & use it! Don‘t be late.
- Give me your passports, make 2 copies for Alan, team leader
- Tums are great, – car sickness
- Keeping warm – long underwear / hood sweatshirt
- No skin / do not wear sun glasses
- Do what they do, watch THEM, copy them
- We will pray and bless them / ask good questions / be bold!
- When they are talking/ worshiping – Don‘t chat or whisper-focus
- I will do all the tipping, unless you are by yourself
- No secret gifts, don‘t give $ to beggars
- Hand towels: wet wipes
- Always pray, look for sharing time, ALWAYS even now / fast
- Keep a record of spending / we will give an offering
- Order 2 cups of coffee right away, (water/tea)
- Books, posters, games, any little fun stuff, give all gifts to leaders
- Keep all telephone #’s and address of hotel, take a taxi and I will pay for it.
- Only use your right hand when eating.