Plan Your Trip
By Alan Lull
How to raise money
- Please pray that GOD‘S WILL be done.
- Make A List – Write A Letter: First, make a list of all the people you know; both Christians and non-Christians. Second, write a letter to send out to potential supporters.
Here are some components every letter should contain:
- Include a greeting and invitation to go to India.
- Tell people what your mission is.
- Tell what you are “really” going to do in India. Give details.
- Give facts about life there. Describe living conditions.
- Tell in your own words how you plan to make a difference.
- Make it very clear what you need and how people can help.
- Put your passion into the letter. Get fired up!
- Make a list of what you will do for your supporters. See letter.
- Explain tax questions and how to make this a donation.
- Let the supporters know how to get in touch with you.
- Make sure you send “thank you” cards after the trip.
We are happy to send a sample letter so you can see one way to describe your trip and ask for help.
How to share Christ
- Tell of the great JOY it is to share Jesus with people and then share your personal testimony of what Jesus has done for you. Others will hear the gospel while you share WHY you want to go.
- Give Bible verses on your support sheet. The Bible is alive!
- Pray for all your supporters and ask that they pray for you as well.
- Invite your supporters to write a note or Bible verse for you to carry with you.
- Pray each day that God will bring people to you to hear your message.