Plan Your Trip
By Alan Lull
How to raise money and share Christ
- Please pray that GOD‘S WILL be done.
- Make A List – Write A LetterFirst, make a list of all the people you know; both Christians and non-Christians.
Second, write a letter to send out to potential supporters.
Here are some components every letter should contain:
- Greeting and invitation to go to India
- Tell people what your mission is
- Tell what you are “really” going to do in India. Give details.
- Give facts about life there. Describe living conditions.
- Tell in your own words how you plan to make a difference.
- Make it very clear what you need and how people can help
- Put your passion into the letter. Get fired up!
- Make a list of what you will do for your supporters. See letter.
- Explain tax purposes and how to make this a donation.
- Let the supporters know how to get in touch with you.
- Make sure you send “thank you” cards after the trip.
- I will Send. you a letter that I‘ve written so you can see one way to write a letter.
How to share Christ?
- Tell of the great JOY it is to share Jesus with people and then share your personal testimony of what Jesus has done for you. Than explain WHY you want to share it with others. Others will hear the gospel while you share WHY you want to go. They can just listen in. 🙂
- Give Bible verses on your support sheet. The Bible is alive!
- Pray for all your supporters and ask that they pray for you as well.
- Invite your supporters to write a note or Bible verse for you.
- Pray each day that God will bring people to you to share with.