Plan Your Trip
By Alan Lull
Medications and health tips
- Check with your doctor, things to ask for are: (Options)
- Hepatitis A Hepatitis B Tetanus
- Malaria Diarrhea pills Tums/Rolaids
- General Antibiotics Aleve / Tylenol Multi-vitamins
- Pills for Traveler‘s Diarrhea
Southern India does not require malaria medication but many doctors will prescribe it to be on the safe side.
- Chances are you will get sick while in India. Be prepared for it and share any slight illness you may feel with a member of the team.
- If you do get diarrhea, wet wipes and lotion on your bottom helps. Let the illness run its course, if at all possible for 24 hours to rid you of it, then take medication. You might want to bring Depends underwear for the plane / van ride in case you can‘t get to a bathroom.
- DO NOT drink the water and be sure to avoid items such as ice cubes. We will use bottled water or mouthwash for brushing our teeth.
- You will need to drink a lot of bottled water throughout the trip to stay hydrated. Make sure you drink water even when you are not feeling thirsty. There will always be water on hand.
- If you have any health problems or food allergies make sure that your team knows about them.