Plan Your Trip
By Alan Lull
What to Bring (Gifts & Games)
- Bathroom stuff. Bring only a hand towel. No need for a large towel.
- Neck pillow for the plane. Snacks / water
- Light color clothing / long shorts / tennis shoes
- Ear plugs / shower shoes / swim suit / foot powder
- CD player / journal / good book / BIBLE / plastic cup / spoon
- Sun screen / wet wipes / hand sanitizer / tissues / sun glasses
- Don‘t over pack / take just what you need / extra batteries
- Pens / Bible verses to memorize
- You can only take two suit cases, 50 lbs each and one piece of carry on.
Gifts to Bring:
- Crayons / markers / paints & brushes / Beanie Babies
- Big puppets / balloons / pictures from home & family
- Small rubber balls / checkers / light weight board games
- DVD‘s rated .G. / Educational / Worship / Christian
- Gum / candy that little kids can‘t choke on (tootsie rolls maybe)
- Soccer Ball / Volley Ball / Hair brush & combs
- Colorful Rubber bands and beads for little girls‘ hair
- CD player with extra batteries & many CD‘s
- Large Picture Books to read to the kids
- Hackie Sack
- Vitamins for each child (bring as much as you can)
- School supplies
Songs to Sing:
- Make a song book to share. The team might want a song book of worship songs but prepare a book of action songs to sing with the kids. It would be best if the team could practice and know a few songs really well.Examples: Father Abraham / Hokey Pokey / Head Shoulders Knees & Toes
- Bring a guitar / keep singing the same songs
Games to play:
- Simon Says / Charades / Back to Back Art / Kick Ball
- Act out Bible stories, get the kids to repeat words & actionsExamples: 10 Lepers / Farmer & the Seed / Good Samaritan /Sheep and the Goats / Faith like a Mustard Seed
- In my Father‘s House / Let the Children come to me
- 2 Greatest Commands / Seek Ye 1st the Kingdom of God
- Colorful Beads to show the gospel
- Puppets / bring a crown, who is #1 in your life
- Flash light to show the power inside, like Holy Spirit
- Extension Cord, plugged into Jesus to have power/faith
- Gift Box, Faith is a gift. You need to receive it & say thank you!
- Map is like a Bible. Use it so you don‘t get lost or forget how to live/love!
Pray – Pray- Pray!!
The kids and leaders will ask that you bless them and pray with them.
**Please smile and laugh when you are with the children!! **