We invite you to join our ministry! Here are a few ways you can actively participate:
When you make a gift to Bethania Kids, you make a huge difference in the life of at least one child and often many more than one. From the very first gift, we consider you a valued partner in this important ministry to God’s children and families in India. You become a vital part of the Bethania Kids family. We want to get to know you better, hear what you like about Bethania Kids, answer your questions about the children and the ministry, ask for your suggestions about ways we can serve together more effectively, learn about particular aspects of the ministry that interest you, explore how we can help you introduce Bethania Kids to more of your circle of family and friends – whatever we can do to make our partnership with you stronger!
As a partner in ministry, you have the opportunity to impact Bethania Kids in many different ways and share your passion for Bethania Kids with numerous groups in your life. Consider who would be touched by stories of children and families served by Bethania Kids, including your immediate family and wider family, your church family and smaller groups within your church, your work colleagues, your children’s school and groups there, your book club – be creative! Think “wider circle”!
We have all had wonderful times participating in community activities to show our love and support of a “good cause,” an individual or group that needs our help. Friends of Bethania Kids all over North America have created events and projects to join their friends, families, and communities together to raise funds to help transform the lives of God’s children in India. Here are some examples of projects that have touched the hearts of many people who contributed generously to meet the goals set:
- Global Christmas at Bethel Lutheran Church, Winchester, VA
- Ride the River fundraiser by the youth of Our Father Lutheran Church, Centennial, CO
- Taste of India dinner and presentation at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, Minneapolis, MN
- Hearts for Jesus chapel offerings at Concordia Christian Day School, Conover, NC
- Women’s Group offering from Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, Seymour, IN
- 5k Run/Walk at Oak Hill Christian School, Winchester, VA
- Mission of the Month at Faith Lutheran Church, Naples, FL
- Sunday School offerings at Eternal Shepherd Lutheran Church, Seneca, SC, Somerset Hills Lutheran Church, Basking Ridge, NJ, and others
- Hymn Sing and Organ Recital at Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring, MD
- Birthday Celebration with gifts in honor of the person – you choose the person!
The possibilities are endless! Use your imagination to design a fund-raising project that will draw those in your own communities together – family, friends, church, school, work, and more. Be creative!
Bethania Kids is a ministry that speaks to the hearts of many who follow Jesus and offers a very real way to answer Jesus’ call in the letter of James to “look after orphans and widows in their distress.” You may encounter opportunities to share the powerful stories of our children in conversations, presentations, meetings, classes, newsletters, email and text messages, social media platforms and more.
We can help you make the most of those opportunities. Contact us to discuss which resources would be most useful to your particular opportunity to share the ministry of Bethania Kids with others. Here are some examples of materials we can provide:
- Seeds on the Wind newsletters, in print or electronic versions
- The Vine, a monthly electronic newsletter we are happy to share with groups
- PowerPoint presentations including information, photos, and videos tailored to your needs
- Brochures describing the Bethania Kids ministry
- Templates for electronic messages and personal fund-raising projects
- Coin banks for extra change offerings
- Presentation instructions including sample language and format suggestions
- Virtual meetings with Bethania Kids friends when in-person meetings are not possible
A visit to Bethania Kids homes and care centers in India is a life-changing experience in many ways. Alan Lull, lay minister at St. John’s West Bend (Lutheran Church), who has traveled to India many times, says, “Traveling to India brings people closer to the Lord. Their lives are changed!” Meeting and talking with the children and staff of our homes and care centers gives visitors a clear understanding of God’s work being done through Bethania Kids and the crucial importance of their support for the ministry. Every visitor brings gifts of the heart that are meaningful to the children and staff, and the children show the results of God’s great love in their smiles and happy and healthy manner and activity. You will receive an enthusiastic welcome wherever you go and see for yourself how your gifts are used.
We are happy to help you plan a trip for your group that will meet both your own objectives and those of the children of Bethania Kids. Our Trips Committee is prepared to assist with arrangements for accommodations, ground transportation in India, and schedule of visits and events at our ministry sites, all tailored to the unique requirements of your travel group. The following groups have visited Bethania Kids in India in the last couple of years:
- Mission team from Mt. Olive Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, MN, who attended the dedication of the site for the new Shalom Home in Batlagundu (led by Bethania Kids President, Kate Teece)
- Members of the Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring, MD, and Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Fayetteville, AR, who were on site for the dedication of the new Annapoorani Tailoring and Embroidery Centre in Kannavadi (led by former Bethania Kids Chairman, Larry Zimmerman)
- Physicians from Virginia, Colorado, and Ontario to lead a Health Conference on Women’s Issues for female staff and students in Kodaikanal (led by Drs. Ernie Hahn, Kristen DeHaven, and Chris Meinzen, Bethania Kids Board members)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about a unique and meaningful trip for you and your group. We want to help!
Most of us know the pleasure of seeing another person enjoy a gift we have given them, particularly the joy and excitement children display even with the most basic or simple gifts. Their eyes light up, and big smiles grow on their faces. This is actually a form of stewardship, and from it we have learned that it is truly more blessed to give than to receive.
Each of the children in our Bethania Kids family has a unique background story, and we are blessed as we become their stewards. Some of these children have experienced the loss of family and loved ones due to natural disasters, extended illnesses, abuse of many kinds, rejection, abandonment or fear of isolation before coming to the Bethania Kids family. These cherished children flourish when exposed to the loving kindness offered by our Christ-centered Bethania Kids ministry and dedicated staff members. They are safe, happy and healthy. They learn about Jesus Christ and develop a love for him and for one another as they live a new life with Bethania Kids.
The Creative Giving Catalog gives you, your family, or your group a list of specific items that are needed every day by the children and families of Bethania Kids. Some of our friends like to imagine “things” they can recognize being used in our homes and care centers, such food, school supplies, expenses for a month, and so on. Many like to give Christmas gifts such as food for a week ($25) in honor of family members or friends instead of buying gifts for those people. This is a great way to share God’s gifts and to share the Bethania Kids ministry with others!
Please check out the gift catalog and consider a donation to connect with these precious children and enrich their lives. If you make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, we will send them an acknowledgement card explaining how your gift helps us nurture and equip the children of India to change their world through Jesus’ love. We hope and pray that you will experience the joy of giving to Bethania Kids ministry, spreading the love of Jesus and making a difference in the lives of these formerly abandoned or needy children. As always, 100% of every donation goes directly to the ministry in India.
Remember every gift makes a difference in the lives of our children, regardless of its size! Each gift blesses the hearts of the giver and the recipient alike. Choose how you wish your gift to be used and click on the appropriate link:
- Sponsor A Child (one or more) – Hold the hand of child in need!
- Multiply the Ministry – Help us keep our 100% promise!
- Make a Gift Now – Bring hope and wholeness to our children!
- Creative Giving Catalog – Choose specific gifts from this extended list!
Hold the Hand of a Child in Need
There are countless ways to participate in this vibrant ministry and share God’s love with the children at Bethania Kids.
Our 100% Promise
We channel 100% of every penny donated into direct ministry for children.
For more information about this and other ministry topics, please contact Bethania Kids at email@example.com or