We invite you to join our ministry! Here are a few ways you can actively participate:
When you make a gift to Bethania Kids, you make a huge difference in the life of at least one child and often many more than one. From the very first gift, we consider you a valued partner in this important ministry to God’s children and families in India. You become a vital part of the Bethania Kids family. We want to get to know you better, hear what you like about Bethania Kids, answer your questions about the children and the ministry, ask for your suggestions about ways we can serve together more effectively, learn about particular aspects of the ministry that interest you, explore how we can help you introduce Bethania Kids to more of your circle of family and friends – whatever we can do to make our partnership with you stronger!
As a partner in ministry, you have the opportunity to impact Bethania Kids in many different ways and share your passion for Bethania Kids with numerous groups in your life. Consider who would be touched by stories of children and families served by Bethania Kids, including your immediate family and wider family, your church family and smaller groups within your church, your work colleagues, your children’s school and groups there, your book club – be creative! Think “wider circle”!
We have all had wonderful times participating in community activities to show our love and support of a “good cause,” an individual or group that needs our help. Friends of Bethania Kids all over North America have created events and projects to join their friends, families, and communities together to raise funds to help transform the lives of God’s children in India. Here are some examples of projects that have touched the hearts of many people who contributed generously to meet the goals set:
- Global Christmas at Bethel Lutheran Church, Winchester, VA
- Ride the River fundraiser by the youth of Our Father Lutheran Church, Centennial, CO
- Taste of India dinner and presentation at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, Minneapolis, MN
- Hearts for Jesus chapel offerings at Concordia Christian Day School, Conover, NC
- Women’s Group offering from Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, Seymour, IN
- 5k Run/Walk at Oak Hill Christian School, Winchester, VA
- Mission of the Month at Faith Lutheran Church, Naples, FL
- Sunday School offerings at Eternal Shepherd Lutheran Church, Seneca, SC, Somerset Hills Lutheran Church, Basking Ridge, NJ, and others
- Hymn Sing and Organ Recital at Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring, MD
- Birthday Celebration with gifts in honor of the person – you choose the person!
The possibilities are endless! Use your imagination to design a fund-raising project that will draw those in your own communities together – family, friends, church, school, work, and more. Be creative!
Bethania Kids is a ministry that speaks to the hearts of many who follow Jesus and offers a very real way to answer Jesus’ call in the letter of James to “look after orphans and widows in their distress.” You may encounter opportunities to share the powerful stories of our children in conversations, presentations, meetings, classes, newsletters, email and text messages, social media platforms and more.
We can help you make the most of those opportunities. Contact us to discuss which resources would be most useful to your particular opportunity to share the ministry of Bethania Kids with others. Here are some examples of materials we can provide:
- Seeds on the Wind newsletters, in print or electronic versions
- The Vine, a monthly electronic newsletter we are happy to share with groups
- PowerPoint presentations including information, photos, and videos tailored to your needs
- Brochures describing the Bethania Kids ministry
- Templates for electronic messages and personal fund-raising projects
- Coin banks for extra change offerings
- Presentation instructions including sample language and format suggestions
- Virtual meetings with Bethania Kids friends when in-person meetings are not possible
A visit to Bethania Kids homes and care centers in India is a life-changing experience in many ways. Alan Lull, lay minister at St. John’s West Bend (Lutheran Church), who has traveled to India many times, says, “Traveling to India brings people closer to the Lord. Their lives are changed!” Meeting and talking with the children and staff of our homes and care centers gives visitors a clear understanding of God’s work being done through Bethania Kids and the crucial importance of their support for the ministry. Every visitor brings gifts of the heart that are meaningful to the children and staff, and the children show the results of God’s great love in their smiles and happy and healthy manner and activity. You will receive an enthusiastic welcome wherever you go and see for yourself how your gifts are used.
We are happy to help you plan a trip for your group that will meet both your own objectives and those of the children of Bethania Kids. Our Trips Committee is prepared to assist with arrangements for accommodations, ground transportation in India, and schedule of visits and events at our ministry sites, all tailored to the unique requirements of your travel group. The following groups have visited Bethania Kids in India in the last couple of years:
- Mission team from Mt. Olive Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, MN, who attended the dedication of the site for the new Shalom Home in Batlagundu (led by Bethania Kids President, Kate Teece)
- Members of the Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring, MD, and Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Fayetteville, AR, who were on site for the dedication of the new Annapoorani Tailoring and Embroidery Centre in Kannavadi (led by former Bethania Kids Chairman, Larry Zimmerman)
- Physicians from Virginia, Colorado, and Ontario to lead a Health Conference on Women’s Issues for female staff and students in Kodaikanal (led by Drs. Ernie Hahn, Kristen DeHaven, and Chris Meinzen, Bethania Kids Board members)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about a unique and meaningful trip for you and your group. We want to help!
Remember every gift makes a difference in the lives of our children, regardless of its size! Each gift blesses the hearts of the giver and the recipient alike. Click on the link below:
- Make a Gift Now – Bring hope and wholeness to our children!